“Is the problem in the control or the regulator?”
- Designed for both field and in-house testing
- Custom adaptor blocks allow quick and easy plug-in connections to GE, Cooper, Siemens and Howard regulators
- Auto/Manual monitoring functions, Raise/Lower lamps, Drag Hand Reset lamp, Neutral Switch test lamp, and Operation Counter test lamp
- Variable 120VAC Voltage Supply along with a Current Supply for Forward/Reverse measurement/indication and Line Drop Compensation indication
- Durable all-in-one carrying case
- Size: 8” H x 4.5” W x 3.5” D
- Weight: 5.5 lbs
UVRCT summary of operation / User Interface
- Lower indication Lamp (Green). Lamp used to indicate that the regulator control has called for a lower operation or that a manual lower operation has been achieved.
- Raise Indication Lamp (Red). Lamp used to indicate that the regulator control has called for a raise operation or that a manual raise has been activated.
- Line Drop Compensation Lamp (White). Lamp shows the condition of the LDC circuit of the control being tested. It also regulates the current to the LDC circuit.
- Drag Hand Reset Lamp (Yellow). Lamp is used to indicate that the regulator DHR switch has been activated.
- Power Indicator Lamp (Red). Lamp is used to indicate that power has been applied to the UVRCT and the power switch is turned on.
- Reverse Current Switch. The switch is used to invert the LDC current supplied to the regulator control. It is used for testing the regulator control Reverse Power Flow operation when placed in Reverse.
- Neutral Switch. The switch is used to activate the regulator control Neutral circuit (simulates tap changer neutral switch).
- Operation Counter Switch. The switch is used to activate the regulator control operation counter circuit (simulates tap changer operation counter switch).
- Fuse Holder. The fuse holder contains a 2 amp fuse. It protects the UVRCT from damage due to high current that could be encountered by testing a damaged control.
- Variable Voltage Adjust. The knob is used to vary the voltage applied to the control (0-135 VAC A120 VAC from “wall outlets”). Simulates varying voltages that can occur in an actual field environment.
- Power Switch. This switch is used to switch the UVRCT power on and off.